Sunday, February 24, 2008

one week..and some pictures






ok so it has offically been one week since i have been with my family....it has been interesting and i have learned a lot...i absolutely LOVE paraguay....it is amazing and the people are very nice and loving...there are so many difference though...this week i started school and i started my afs spanish lessons with 5 other afsers... it has been fun... we went to mericano cuatro or something along those lines on saturday with the spanish class we REALLY got to experience paraguay see it... it was sad but what you see is a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY....even though it is a third world country i love it...this week has had its up´s and downs...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SCHOOL...even though i can not understand anything my friends are amazing and i love them soooo much....oh yeah i got a cell phone this week as well a CHEAP TIGO....with my cell phone i got to call my mejor amiga VICO.. that was the best thing... i called her house and her mom answered she doesn´t know english and i said hola esta vico and she said no blah blah then she asked me something and i answered in something similar to spanglish lol..and she was like ahhh vicos amiga en asuncion and i was like YES LOL...so that was fun and vico called back later on and i was so excited and freaking out lol...we have talked everyday...she lives 6 hours away and might come see me either today because her sister and mom are coming to asuncion OR hopefully next weekend....
sooo in school i met these amazing friends of mine Fati, Pablo, Di, Pao, and some others but these are my main ones......they are super awesome and very helpful to me...they can all speak a little bit of english Fati can speak it the best she is super smart and an amazing person she speaks 5 languages now that is ridiculous...she is super sweet as well...Fati Pablo and Pao are all christian and Di is catholic...but she loves jesus is what Fati says...Fati and Pablo have a burning passion for jesus which i absolutly love...they went to the congreso as the sheraton...it is a youth seminar i was so happy for them...Fati is always telling me everything will be ok...that i have them and that they love jesus so i can trust them...so we share that same passion for the lord and i am so happy that i found that with some of my partners at school....She invited me to go to the small group she runs on sunday nights so i have to ask my parents if i can go....it would be absolutly amazing...
oh yeah and about school i can´t do anything yet because i do not know the language that well so right now it is like just listening and attempting to talk in spanish as much as i can...
my family talks so fast..all of them do some of their friends told me that they can´t even understand them sometimes because they are so fast lol...so that made me feel a lot better....
oh yeah i went of my friend megans house she is from the usa..her family is so great..her sister is hilarious that was a fun time and adri came over she is my friend and a volunteer for afs paraguay...
some of the things that were hard for me to get used to was the military time it is 15:30 right now and the celsium and kilo lol...and my family stays inside a lot and i am so used to being out of the house in the usa with work young life and leadership and church that this is hard to adjust to... my sister andrea is soooo super protective...everyone she has talked that i talk to says that she is super protective over me....i guess that is a good thing....
wow i dont´know what else i can say...
awwww this guy asked me out for ice cream and he treated it was the cutest thing that ever happened jajajajajajajajajajajaja
well i guess i will close this because it is getting super long... but i love you guyss and miss you all...
esteffy <3

No comments: