Thursday, February 14, 2008

In Miami

Hey everyone I made it to Miami safely.... The weather is super nice today and i leave in like 7 hours or so to go to Paraguay!!! Yesterday was a very interesting day, i waited in the Miami airport for 3 hours for luggage and the "wonderful" ladies at the bagage service desk kept insisting that our luggage was there and that it was on the tar mat and that American Eagle(a branch off of American Airlines) take about 45 minutes to an hour to get it on the belt.. we kept asking and they said it was coming FINALLY 3hours later they tell us that our luggage is NOT in Miami.. of course i freaked and didn't know what to do.... I love it here the student that i am meeting are very nice and I can't wait to meet the other students coming from all over the world!!! I have loved the orientations so far some have been a bit boring but i love the one staff member or she is a volunteer she is wonderful and super helpful.. her name is maria and she is from Venezuala....wow this is so long and it just keeps going and going i could say so much...i have made a great friend his name is Phillip and i love him..hahahah he is great and it is so much fun to speak spanish and it is ok that i am not perfect lol...and they aren't either so we can correct eachother if we know how..... well i am so excited and i can't wait to be with all the other students and my family!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey Steph! Yeah I figured out how to use this thing. lol Sounds like Miami was great. I know that you will have the best time. Are you able to post pics on here too? Hope so. I will check this often to see what you are up to. I am trying to keep your dad from crying. That is a hard job!!! Bye for now. Sharon