Wednesday, July 23, 2008

when it storms it STORMS!!!!

hey everyone so i thought i would just leave a little bit of news!!! On Monday night we had a really BIG when i say BIG i mean BIG STORMMMMMMMM!!!! I have been here and when it rains in rains hard and on monday night it was like way worse then ever before.... it sounded like there was a tornado or something because of the wind... and the rain was Horrible.....i was in the key shop with my nephew and we were drawing together(everytime he comes to my house(which is everyday) he wants me to do SOMETHING with him its really cute) and the lights flickered and then went OUT!!! oh my goodness i HATE/scared of storms and hate them even more when the lights go out... i was like mmmmmmmmm this sucks... and i used my cellphone light to go to the kitchen with my nephew where everyone else was.... we lit candles had flashlights and cell phone lol... and we ate our dinner in the dark!!! it was soooooo weird and when the lights go out here they stay out for a long time... it was craziness...finally the lights came back on so my sister my mom and i went upstairs.. my sister wanted to watch out soapopera but the tv wasn´t working.. so i started working on YET another card for next wednesday... July 30th is ¨friends day¨ here... so i am making some cards for my friends...and as most of you know i am not a very artistic person soooooo i want them to look nice which the 3 i have finished look really nice.... so it takes a long time i have made three on 3 different days and the are really long(the letter part actually is long) and i don´t know i use glittler and everything... ahhhh lol and so while i was writing the letter part of the card to my friend di i was ALMOST done at the end of the card.. and YET again the lights went out... i wanted to scream out of frustration and i hate it because it was pitch black and could see a thing.... so yeah the lights when out again but for like 3 hours then i was trying to sleep and at around 1:30 they came back on... ahhhhh i was scared...when it storms in paraguay it is bad and things fall down like sooooooo many trees and signs...

1 comment:

Tía Hillary said...

That storm was the night before I flew in to Asunción! I am an AFS returnee (PY 1979) and this last July was my first trip back since 1982! My hubby & kids (18 & 20) got to finally meet my host sister and her family!
You will never forget your time on AFS and these people will always be in your heart. I have enjoyed reading your blog - and I understand the gaps in posting - that means you're out being an AFSer, a Paraguaya, which is what you should be doing! So, go for it girl!
Now, on to read the rest of your blog. You're making me homesick for Asunción, but I'll be back next summer!